In the end, it was not possible to get Cyclone fully debugged. After our breakfast / team meeting, we went back to working on the bike in the hope that we would run in Sunday’s enduro. As the afternoon wore on, it became clear that we would not be able to fully cure all that ailed our drivetrain.
It was also raining, and unusually cold for this time of year (or so we were told).
Part of the team gathered around a heat gun as if it was a campfire.
Finally, we got the bike to the point that Calvin could propel himself for short distances without the chain derailing.
With this accomplishment, along with the landing gear more or less working, we decided to call it a day, and just be spectators for tomorrow’s enduro. The team did an amazing amount over the past few days, and yet not quite enough.
Getting the headlights and taillights ready for a team photo.
The team photo. Tired but happy. BTW, we also found out that we placed 3rd in design.
Some hard lessons were learned, and the team is determined to get the bike ready before next year’s competition.
Thanks to all the parents that came all the way down to support the team! Sorry that we didn’t put on a very good show for you this year.