Tonight we had near ideal conditions for racing, with next to no wind for all three evening heats. Some people set personal bests, and several national records and personal bests were set.
One thing that is new this year is that there is a display board that shows elapsed time so that people in the spectator area can get a preview of the speeds.
Ken, Ryohei, Aurélien, Andrea, Yasmin and Florian all set personal bests resulting in the following records:
- Ken Buckley, 76.59 mph, new British Men’s record.
- Ryohei Komori, 80.06 mph, 80 mph hat, Japanese record, fast time of day, now ranked second in speed for the week.
- Aurélien Bonnetau, 78.95 mph, French record.
- Andrea Gallo, 78.85 mph, Italian record.
- Yasmin Tredell, 71.05 mph, British Women’s record, now 2nd fastest woman.
- Florian Kowalik, 65.93 mph, new world junior record.
Andrea going through the traps. Apparently staying up late and dancing did not affect his performance.
Giorgio and Chiara are pleased.
Florian discovering that his rear brake has been dragging for at least several runs, and wanting to keep this fact a secret before his evening run.
Yasmin going fast.
The Japanese were thrilled with Komori’s 80 mph. Just in time since several new team members showed up today.
We bit adieu to Sarah and the Plymouth team who are leaving tomorrow after setting their world record this morning.
Full results here: